This is multiple choice, short essay. Pick a question and answer it. Or, for extra credit,* answer them all. Feel free to write several comments, you won’t break anything. Probably.
1) Think about the last book you didn’t finish reading and, without telling me what it was or who wrote it (hey, it might be one of my friends), tell me what about the book made you put it down.
2) Or, if you’d rather, tell me the same thing about the last movie you couldn’t finish watching.
3) Think about the book you re-read the most often and tell me what emotion it evokes in you — that is, what do you feel as you’re reading, what makes you keep coming back to the same book, time after time. And go ahead and tell me what book it is, this is a good thing.
4) If you had to recommend one book for your mom to read, what would it be? Would it be the same for your dad? Why?
5) Has reading a book ever made you extremely angry? Why? (Again, please don’t identify it; we don’t want hurt feelings here.)
6) What do you feel when you think about a long winter weekend spent downhill skiing? Is there anything you’d rather spend a long winter weekend doing?
7) How many blogs do you read on a daily basis? Why?
8) How many books do you read in an average week? Why?
9) Compare your answers to 7) and 8) above and tell me something significant about that.
10) Make up your own question, something no one has asked you yet but the answer to which you’d really like to share with the rest of us. Extra points for creativity.
There. That ought to keep you all busy for a while so I can get some stuff done. I’ve got company coming later in the week and the house is a mess.
*Extra credit can be used to purchase merchandise on the BCB Merchandise page. You can’t find the link? Really? Keep looking. Take your time.